Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Goals and Beliefs

I believe that everything happens for a reason, whether we intentionally made something happen through our choices or not.  We cannot control how others interact with us and what they do.  We can't control the disasters that come into our lives that we had nothing to do with.  However, we can control our reactions to the events that happen to us.  We have a choice on how we handle our life situations.  I believe that everything that happens to us has a purpose that we need to discover.  Events don't just happen to happen.  If there is a reason for everything, there is a reason you are experiencing what you are experiencing.  The answer may not be obvious.  The answer may not even come until years down the road.  But, answers do come; we will know why things happen.  The answers we receive, the discoveries that we make, may not be what we wanted to learn or what we thought we learned, but we still learn them.  We still grow.

My life is not unique with what I have experienced and the lessons I have learned are not unique either but, they are unique to me and have made me who I am.

 I am making the journey through life one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. i agree with everything you said. Yesterday at institute the teacher told us a story that goes along with this thought.
    A man finished playing nine rounds of golf and was headed towards his car when he was stop by a poorly dressed women. the women told the man that she was very poor and that she had a baby that needed to have an operation. she told him that she did not have the money to pay for it and was trying come up with the money any way possible because if the baby did not get the operation it would die. So the man pulled out some money and gave it to the women and then continued to his car. He was stopped again by a worker of the golf course who told him that the lady has been "working this lot for the past few years." The man responded, " wait let me see if i understand you. You are telling me that there is no sick baby?"
    The worker responded that there was no sick baby. then the man responded, " that is the best news i have received all this week." than the man got in his car a drove off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story made me smile and want to be more like the man. We can decide how we handle each situation that comes our way, i wish i could have more grace and know how to let things go when they are not worth the stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a great story! I'm the same way with stress, everything is worth stressing over. I often hit meltdown mode, especially when I'm in school, and I find it hard to cope. If I had been in this man's situation, I probably would have been a little angry but he took the higher road and was grateful that no one was going to die. I hope I can learn to take the higher road with people and not get so angry at their actions.

      Delete