Friday, October 11, 2013

Praise and Overcome

Whenever I'm out driving I like to listen to a Christian music station called KLove.  I was drawn to the music when I was investigating the Catholic Church a few years ago and I was looking for God in an everyday setting.  I've always been drawn and influenced by music and the music that this station plays is always uplifting.  It is often focused on Jesus Christ but it sends good messages through it's music and through the station anchors that can uplift all people who believe in a higher power.

I was listening this morning and heard this song and thought I would share it because it spoke so strongly to me.  I interpret it as a song that recognizes God's hand in our lives.  He is a director of our paths and He is what matters most to us.  Give it a listen and see how it hits you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ0WTpLDmd4

"I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised"  2 Samuel 22:4


Another song that I've heard lately is "Overcomer" by Mandisa.  The title says it all as it's a song about how everyone experiences hardships but God is there to help.  He believes in you!  He strengthens you and lifts you higher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29olPjFbqg


"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations."  Revelation 2:26

No comments:

Post a Comment